Do you scroll through Pinterest and dream of decorating a pretty home office like the perfect pictures you see? I know I do!
If you are anything like me, you have a small home office space and a small budget to go with it.
I’ve been working from home for a year and I’m finally ready to decorate my home office.
My office is not exactly a traditional home office with four walls. But the the small area in our formal living that we carved out for my home office perfect for me. At least for right now.
As I’m sure you can guess, I’ve spent a lot of time on Pinterest trying to decide the style that would work best for me and our home.
I’ve considered a classy chic home office, a blue Chinoise themed classic home office and how to decorate a small but pretty home office on a budget.
Small offices can be budget friendly when decorated with pretty decor accents.
A classic white desk paired with pink, gray, and gold accessories is feminine with our being too girly.
Decorate a Small Pretty Home Office on a Budget
I’ve put together the following furniture, office accessories and decor to show you how you can decorate your small home office on a budget and that it can still look pretty.
Decorating your office doesn’t have to be expensive.
The most important thing is to have a space that works for you and that you feel good working in.
Affordable Office Furniture
1. The most important place to start with any home office is with the desk.
I LOVE campaign desks and this Nathan James 51002 Kalos Home Office Computer Desk or Makeup Vanity Table, White is an affordable option.
Next, a rug will pull the room together. If you decide to splurge a little the rug or desk chair is where I’d put my extra budget dollars.
2. At just a little over $100 the Momeni Rugs ISABEISA-3PNK4060 Isabella Traditional Oriental Flat Weave Area Rug, 4’0″ x 6’0″, Pink is an affordable and pretty rug for a small home office. The pale pink pineapples bring a sophisticated touch to the decor.
3. Or, if your budget requires a rug well under $100, this nuLOOM Cozy Soft and Plush Diamond Trellis Shag Area Rug, White, 4′ x 6′ will bring texture to your decor. A designer tick.
4. Lighting is another key need in a small home office.
You don’t have to strain your eyes just because your small home office space doesn’t have good lighting. To save space on your desk try a standing lamp. The Light Accents Floor Lamp Adjustable Cantilever Modern Bright Standing Lamp Showroom Quality 59″ Tall Brushed Gold Finish is adjustable to meet your needs.
5. And what office would be complete without a desk chair?
Staying in your budget might mean forgoing the desk chair of your dreams but you still can have great style with the Poly and Bark Vortex Side Chair Walnut Legs, White.
6. Storage is a necessary design component of every small home office.
I’ve had my eye on this affordably priced pretty Better Homes and Gardens Nola 5-Open Shelves Bookcase, (Gold, Bookcase) .
Office Decor & Office Supplies
7. Storage space is always hard to find in small home offices.
Keep your files close buy hanging them on the wall in this affordable Superbpag Hanging Wall File Organizer, 5 Slot Wire Metal Wall Mounted Document Holder for Office Home, Gold .
8. Use pops of color to bring your small pretty home office to life.
On your desk add a small gold folder holder like this MyGift Desktop Triangular Gold-Tone Wire Metal Magazine, Book & File Sorter with 3-Slots.
9. Fill your gold file holder with pretty pink and gray file folders like the Graphique “Make Things Happen” File Folder Set – File Set Includes 9 Folders and 3 Unique Go-Getter Designs, Embellished w/ Gold Foil on Durable Triple-Scored Coated Cardstock, 11.75″ x 9.5″ set.
10. Downloadable prints are an affordable way to add style and personality to your small pretty home office.
I found QueendomWithAKing on Etsy offering very affordable downloadable Office Decor For Women like this one.
But even better then affordable is FREE. Make your own Wall Art for FREE using Canva!
In less then 5 minutes I used Canva’s free templates, graphics and fonts to make this pretty free downloadable inspirational wall art.
You can make free wall art in any color, style or size that fits frames you already own using Canva for free! Check out Canva to learn more!
11. And lets not forget the always important coffee mug!
This coffee mug is a little bit of a splurge but working from home is like winning the lottery. Sometimes its okay to splurge a little!
If you have a small space and a small budget for your home office you can decorate it with pretty and sophisticated furniture and office supplies. Add budget friendly printable wall at to personalize your space.
You can decorate a small home office on a budget and love the results!
What’s your favorite design element of a small home office? Share it with me in the comments below.
Additional Posts You Might Like
Create a Classy Pinterest Inspired Home Office
7 Wardrobe Pieces Every Work From Home Solopreneur Needs
Rishav Jain says
Light is an important consideration when selecting space for an office. One can add a few shelves and drawers on the wall, if any, to utilize an unused space to organize paperwork. We can also hang some pictures or some inspirational quote to give you positive vibes. Additionally, adding some plants will lower workplace stress as well as enhance productivity.
Cori Henderson says
I agree light, plants and inspirational art or quotes help create a productive office space.
A complete arrange of office tools. thanks for your beautiful explanation to decorate the home office. I think your explanation helps me more to design my office within my budgets.
Ernest Rueb says
Your blog is very helpful for me. I enjoy the valuable data you deliver to your posts. There are so many things I did not know, I have to have some of these gadgets! Thanks for sharing this post.