As a solo entrepreneur, there is a lot to learn! I’m always curious to learn about how others have achieved success and overcome obstacles. I love podcasts for this purpose.
Podcasts are a great, and free way, to expand your knowledge of the businesses world. I’ve put together my must listen to list of podcasts.
Have you ever been curious about how lululemon started? Or how Coco Chanel created her iconic brand? Or maybe you just want to hear how someone like you was able to use their skills to create an income generating business.
There are podcast for just about every topic. They are a great way to get inspired and learn while you are driving or are doing less exciting chores. Taking a break to fold laundry and unload the dishwasher? Turn on a podcast instead of the TV.
Have you been struggling to set up a consistent exercise routine? Find a couple podcasts that you really like and only allow yourself to listen to them while you take a break for a walk or jog through your neighborhood.
No time to read a book for a book club? How about a podcast listening club. Meet over coffee and talk about the lessons in two or three episodes.
5 Must Listen To Podcasts
There are a lot of podcasts. There are podcasts for every topic. I’ve put together a list of my must listen to podcasts for entrepreneurs to get you started.
1. How I Built This. From Spax to Wayfair to Chicken Salad Chic, Guy Raz with NPR interviews the founders of today’s major companies and discovers why and how they got started along with the bumps on the way to today’s success.
2. Great Women of Business. From Coco Channel to Martha Stewart. Stories of women who not only founded and grew successful companies but iconic brands.
3. Work at Home Hero’s. One on one interviews with everyday people who turned a desire to work for themselves in to income making businesses. From ESL teachers to virtual assistants to real estate marketers. Learn how everyday people found the courage to go out on their own and leave traditional office jobs behind.
4. do it scared. Ruth Soukup from Living Well Spending Less takes on the topic of doing it scared. As a precursor to her new book of the same name, through interviews and monologues she shines a light on what holds each of us back so we can all move forward.
5. Building a Story Brand with Donald Miller. From the Autor of one of my favorite business books Story Brand, is a behind the scenes interview podcast that teaches us all how to strengthen our brands.
There are podcasts on every subject imaginable. I listen to my top five go to podcasts for business education and inspiration.
If you are new to listening to podcasts and prefer a complete mental break during your breaks a fund experiment is to ask your friends on Facebook to share their favorite podcasts. Some of the answers might surprise you. It turns out my friends love true crime stories!
An Additional Post You Might Like: