When I transitioned to working from home it was like winning the lottery. I don’t know about you but I cannot imagine returning to a traditional office. I am grateful and thankful every day that I work from home.
Working from home as a solo entrepreneur isn’t without its challenges however they are greatly outweighed by the rewards.
I believe it’s important to say thank you for this winning lottery ticket and to pay it forward.
7 Ways to Show Thanks and Gratitude When you Work from Home
1. Block off time in your calendar and go through your closet. Donate office clothes that you don’t wear anymore to Dress for Success or a similar organization.
2. Drop diapers, wipes and formula off at a woman’s shelter or to your local teenage foster care program.
3. Bring cookies or doughnuts to the tellers at your bank or the FedEx/Kinkos store you frequent. Say thank you to those that help keep your business running smooth.
4. Bring food such as beans, pasta and rice to a local food bank. While there ask if they need help sorting incoming donations and add their volunteer food sorting day to your schedule every quarter.
5. Leave seasonally appropriate gifts for your neighbors. I like to give our neighbors a small potted plant or flowers with a giant bow. This is another great option to say thank you to so someone who has been helpful to you.
6. Send thank you notes to your mentors. Everyone appreciates a note of gratitude. It doesn’t have to be long, just a simple thank you of how their guidance has been meaningful to you
7. Freely share your knowledge about becoming a solo entrepreneur with someone who’s interesting in going out on their own. I know it wouldn’t have made the leap if others hadn’t taken time out of their busy day to share their lessons learned with me.
Showing thanks and gratitude is often done in the fall. When you win the lottery of becoming a solo entrepreneur and working from home showing thanks and gratitude can be a year-round activity.
What are the ways you say thank you and show gratitude?
[…] Cori shares solutions to help you be successful in working from home. In this blog post, she shares the ways to be grateful to the people in her life as a work-from-home mom: https://www.workfromhomesimplified.com/ways-show-thanks-and-gratitude/ […]